Monday, March 28, 2011

CUL502YA: Blog Entry No. 3 - Technology


Although I am currently majoring in Digital Media Arts, I still find it hard to keep myself up-to-date with all of the latest tech gadgets out there nowadays. Even though it is required of me to be aware with all that is happening within the digital / new media field, I find it hard to actually consume it all! Basically, every time I blink, there’s some new gizmo released to the market. Even though I’m quite amazed with all these that have come out these last few years, I have never really been the type of person who will rush out there and buy the latest gizmo recommended by tech geeks! Then again, I can’t really afford it. (I consider myself to be a “starving artist”). I have yet to own my own plasma/ LCD TV. Yes, I still watch all of my favourite shows through a regular TV set with the huge tube behind it. I’m convinced I’m one of the last few people out there who owns an ordinary cell phone & actually uses it to make phone calls! Yes, my fellow classmates tend to tease me from time to time about the so-called “outdated” gadgets I owe, I don’t really pay them any mind. As long as they work as they should and they are within my budget then I’m satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment