Thursday, March 17, 2011

DMA234 - Unit two::Ideation & Discovery (Hai-Menu Project CONT'D)


This happens to be a copy of the original soy sauce painting that was done the semester before. The images will be incorporated into the final production of this project.

Here's a mockup of how I would like the final layout to look like. Each page would be on a letter size format (8.5 X11").

From my own personal research on menu layouts as well as the Japanese culture, I've decided to use the following assets shown below into the final production for the HAI menu. I will incorporate popular colours associated with the Japanese culture (red, white, black & gold). I also wanted the menu to have some type of texture, so I decided that I will use rice paper texture images, see as though it will give some type of an organic feel to the layout & it also relates to the Far-East theme for this project.

For my fonts, I've dedicated that I would use both Myriad Pro & Palatino Linotype typefaces. Myriad Pro tends to give a strong, bold feeling (similar to that of the Shigeo Fukuda posters found throughout the HAI restaurant) while the Palatino Linotype gives an elegant/sophisticated feel to it (this has to do with the top level patrons who dine at the fine restaurant).

The client included the restaurant's logo, which would be incorporated into the menu's final layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment